After much hard work we are up and running – ready to welcome guests to a very special part of Canterbury, New Zealand.
We are a 10 minute drive from our local town, Rangiora and 35 minutes from Christchurch, the South Island’s largest city. Christchurch is currently undergoing a massive rebuild after the earthquakes making it a dynamic and vibrant place to visit.
Our B&B runs alongside the stunning and revered braided Ashley/ Rakahuri River with a myriad of tracks and paths to meander around. Just up the road are the North Canterbury wineries and Hanmer Springs, to the east are the Southern Alps and ski fields, and the East Coast beaches also beckon.
The Studio is a welcoming space – with a comfortable queen bed, relaxing living area with TV and dining area with a table and chairs to dawdle over your breakfast. You will find a refrigerator, kettle, toaster and kitchenwear for your use.
An array of tea,coffee and beverages are provided. A comprehensive Continental Breakfast is included in your stay. A range of breads, crumpets and bagels for toasting, spreads and toppings, along with cereal and yoghurt. Cooked breakfasts are available on request on weekends.
A short step up and through to the bathroom, shower, toilet and vanity. Additionally you have a large walk in wardrobe to keep those bulky suitcases out of the way and space to store and hang your clothes.
The front of the Studio is paved and under cover with ample car parking.
We are pet friendly and have covered kennel space available for your canine companion.
- Sunny porch, there is a large country garden with expansive lawns.
- Provisions for making tea/coffee in room
- Shower, toilet and washbasin
- Cooked breakfast available on weekends upon prior arrangement
- Lunches and evening meals can also be provided upon prior arrangement
- Free WiFi
- Heat pump and electric blankets /hot bottles
- Hair dryer
Arrival and Departure
Check-in is from 3.00pm. Please contact us if you will be arriving late.
Check-out is by 11.00am, if you are needing a variation in these timings please contact us.
Booking and Payment
Your booking at Mt Thomas Road B&B will be secured on payment of a deposit of $175, the equivalent of the first night’s accommodation. When your booking dates are confirmed the deposit can be paid by:
- NZ cheque, or
- internet banking to an account advised
Full and final payment of the tariff is required by one of the methods below:
- Prior to your visit using internet banking.
- By cash at the time of your visit.
- As our accommodation is one studio unit a late cancellation will have a substantial effect on our business. We operate a trust policy on cancellations. Please contact us at the earliest possible time should you need to cancel or amend your stay in any way.
- Cancellation is required a minimum of fourteen (14) days before date of booking for full refund of deposit.
- Cancellation between 7 and 13 days prior to booking will result in loss of 50% of deposit.
- “No show” or late notification will result in loss of deposit and the possibility of being charged in full depending on the circumstances of the cancellation
- Prices displayed are for two adults per night.
Mount Thomas Road B&B
767 Mount Thomas Road
021 114 4803 03 313 1193
FB: Mount Thomas Road B&B